Sunday, August 15, 2010

One day down, 27 to go

Officially, I have been casted for one day of 28. A pretty good start.

Catholic Mass is held in the Middle School here and I went. The journey was tougher than I thought it would be, but at least I made it happen. It was a good test run for tomorrow. Due to the heat, humidity, and the amount of effort it takes me to crutch around I was a hot mess when I arrived. At least now I won't feel bad about not going to the gym for the next month, I will be getting more than enough exercise simply getting from my house to the school.

After church everyone was so kind to me. The community is really helping out and I cannot say how grateful I am. I was given a ride home from church, dinner is being prepared for me, and some groceries are being picked up. It is a relief to know that while these next few weeks will be trying, people will be there to support me.

Now on to the fun stuff- first day papers (I'm giving my second years a pre-test on the first day...)

No comments:

Post a Comment