Sunday, August 22, 2010

My first full week of school an of being in a cast finished without incidence. Nothing huge to report about the rest of the week so I'll let you into my weekend fun times.

Saturday the school led a bus tour of Seoul. We drove around the city and heard a lot of tales and were given several suggestions. We then went to the Seoul Tower (think Eiffel Tower). A tower over 750ft high that looks out over Seoul. It was a nice view, although it would have been better if it had been a clearer day.

After the Seoul Tower there was more of a bus ride then we were taken to the "foreign" part of town and explored a little down there. The group I went with had lunch at a Thai place. The food was OK, but not spicy enough for me. I took a taxi home with a few of the other ladies.

Up next was a shopping trip to Costco. It was still crazy and full of people, but as I wasn't on a time line I didn't feel quite as rushed. I picked up a few things that I am sure will tide me over for months, including peanut butter and jelly (the current lunch of choice).

I was so tired from all that I did during the day I just watched TV Saturday night. I find that I am watching shows here that I would never have watched in the States simply because they are familiar and in English. A prime example would be Sex and the City. This morning I watched most of two episodes while having breakfast.

Today after Mass I went to Outback with two other teachers. I had been looking forward to an Outback cheeseburger but when I got there and looked through the menu I realized they didn't serve cheeseburgers. This Outback also doesn't serve Bloomin' Onions. Can you imagine? Well, I settled for a steak and fries.

This afternoon I was invited to watch a soccer game on the field at my school. I watched for about an hour before deciding it was just too hot and I needed to get some work done. That was an hour ago and instead of doing work I chatted with my neighbor and updated my blog. I am good at a lot of things, and procrastination is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment