Friday, August 27, 2010

Foot update and a beach retreat

I went to the doctor's this week. It was the shortest appointment I have ever had. I was in and out in under 5 minutes (I'm sure glad it happened in person rather than over the phone). Basically I was told it was a clean break that should heal fine without surgery. I go back in two weeks to have my cast removed and to have another X-ray. At that point they may put a new cast on or tell me I am good to go.

I just returned home from the Junior retreat which took place at the school's beach lodge. The lodge was different then what I imagined but very nice. The room I slept in had a handicapped bathroom. Too bad I didn't pack any shower stuff as I figured it is hard enough to shower here.

The retreat went well. I think it was more about bonding as a class than personal reflection and growth. We watched The Blind Side (with Korean subtitles). The sad part was being so close to the Yellow Sea and not getting in. I decided it was too much effort to get down to the beach, across the gravel, and to the water just to dip the toes of one foot in. I will be going back to the same lodge in two weeks, hopefully cast free. I will experience the Yellow Sea then.

No comments:

Post a Comment