Thursday, August 12, 2010

Coming home to my own place

Life is quite busy here at SFS. This morning I was at my desk around 7:15am and I made it home around 5:00pm. It is nice that I live about a 4 minute walk from my desk to my front door, but I can see where that may be a bad thing too. It seems that this week my entire life has been about work. That can only last so long.

In other news, I am getting my act together for at least one class. This school really emphasizes collaborative efforts when teaching the same subject. There are three of us teaching Bio 1, so this afternoon the three of us ironed out the syllabus and the first day of class. We are going to plan two weeks at a time, so there are only three more classes to plan for in this cycle. One of these teachers, Stephanie, was here last year and taught this very class. She did the majority of the work for this first unit, and I have absolutely no problem going with everything she has suggested. As I get to know the climate of the school better I will make adjustments and speak up, but we have been seeing eye-to-eye on everything so far.

I have yet to really tackle the IB courses I am teaching, and that won't happen tonight. Perhaps tomorrow morning when I have cleared my head again or maybe just this weekend.

I currently have french fries in the oven and will heat up some sloppy joes. Healthy, I know, but good for right now. Coming home to my own place means that everything is as I left it, and there is no one to touch base with. I thought I would get online and see who was around for a quick "Hello, how was your day?" but it is 4:15am. Not even my dad is up yet. Oh well, it is a good time for some personal reflection, right?

1 comment: