Saturday, August 28, 2010

Down the hill I went

Today my buddy and I ventured off the hill. She for band aids, I for deodorant. We made it down, we bought many things, and neither of them were band aids or deodorant.

The exciting part was that I can and did make it down the hill. My school is located near the base of a mountain. We are about 4 blocks up this mountain and refer to the school campus as "the hill". The journey is quite steep and it took me a while to make it down, but I did! After making it to the bottom we journeyed the normal 10-15 minute walk to the grocery store. It took us longer as I was hobbling along with my crutches. Once we arrived at the store, a little damp from the rain showers we ran into a few other teachers and were offered a ride back up.

My buddy and I went through the store picking up this and that. My building is getting together on Friday for a potluck dinner. I volunteered to bring meatballs, but was unable to find the ingredients I needed for the recipe so I have decided to bring ropa vieja instead. I also was able to get most of the fixings for my normal lunch salad. I can't wait to get back into a normal routine.

The ride home was a God-send as I was beat by the journey to the store. My buddy brought most of the groceries upstairs and I was able to find a place for everything in no time. I have realized over the past few days that I can be a neat person if I have limitless space. In fact, when I have a place for everything I find that I am not leaving things here and there. My personal space has never been so organized for so long. If Gina and I were still competing for a neat room I would be going strong for the 4th week. I derive a great amount of satisfaction having an uncluttered space. Granted I have it easy as I don't actually have to do any of my cleaning (thank you Vhida, my housekeeper.) I find that I am still behind in my lessons, but I am making progress.

My buddy and I both have appointments at the hospital on September 9th so we are going to make the journey together. My principal has authorized and arranged for us to have a driver from the school take us to the hospital for our appointments. We will take a taxi home from the hospital, but it is nice to know we have a ride there.

I suppose I should stop procrastinating on my school work. Maybe just a little snack first....

No comments:

Post a Comment