Thursday, September 9, 2010

Shoe shopping!

Today I purchased a shoe. That's right, a single shoe, and probably the most expensive shoe I have ever purchased.

I had my hard cast removed today and after several x-rays and waiting it was replaced with a soft cast/walking cast. It is big, black, hot, and removable. I am so happy to have the ability to shower with ease. The ability to walk fully on both feet is something I hope I never take for granted again. As I sit in the science office and listen to the rain that is falling, I am thrilled with the idea of actually carrying an umbrella. For the last month I have dreaded going anywhere in the rain, now I can hold an umbrella as I no longer have to use crutches.

My new shoe came just in time for Back to School Night. 10 minutes to introduce myself and my course to the parents of my students. So far 8 of 23 students have been represented. Three more sessions to go, then I am headed home to unwind, shower, and pack for the beach. Yea!

PS - tomorrow I might throw caution to the wind and swim some laps.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! Sounds like a wonderful investment, that shoe of yours!

    ReplyDelete