Thursday, September 16, 2010

One day to China

Tomorrow I leave for China. So, instead of getting my sub plans ready, packing, grading papers, or even prepping for my next class I am updating my blog. Figures.

After much wonder the details are coming together for my trip. Misty and I arranged to have a taxi pick us up at 5:30am to take us to the bus stop where we hope to catch the next bus to the airport. Our goal is to make it to the airport by 7:00am for our 8:50am flight.

We will arrive in China 3 hours later where we will take a shuttle to our hotel. As the conference doesn't start until Saturday morning we pondered what to do with our Friday afternoon. One look at the pictures of the hotel pool solved that problem. If the weather is nice you will find us at the pool, lounging.

Two days of workshop fun about Understanding by Design and a 4th day in Science City (must be a great place) then Misty and I will head to Hong Kong. We have our flight arranged, a room booked, and tour books to look through. My students told me I should shop and sleep for the three days I am there. I figure Misty and I will find a few more touristy things to do while there. The one thing we have decided is a MUST is the nightlife. I feel it has been months since going out for a night on the town, so I am ready to enjoy one (responsibly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment