Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rebecca 0, caramel disaster 2

Today, Sunday, has been relaxing and productive. I woke up, read part of my book, went to Mass, then headed down the hill for coffee. Being able to move around easier I am determined to get off the hill every weekend. I was just beginning my descent when I was offered a ride which I gladly accepted. I had an iced coffee at Paris Baguette and stopped at the grocery store where I finally remembered to buy aluminum foil and plastic wrap among other things. I got the ingredients to make my own salsa and hoped to find a reasonably priced blender at the black market. The two blenders I saw were way overpriced so I said no thanks, grabbed a taxi and went home. I tidied up my place, had a nice long shower, and then ventured to make a few things. The salsa turned out great (I used a neighbors blender). I was unsure about the heat of the peppers I used, but it was just right for me. I had enough salsa to freeze some, give some away, and have some for this week. I also tried to make caramel sauce again. The last batch was bitter, this batch is too runny. Perhaps the third time will be better.

The highlight of my day was receiving an e-mail from on of my SKHS students. I am enjoying my new students, but I miss knowing how my former students are doing. She said several SKHS folks were keeping up with my blog, which made me happy. I only request that you let me know how you are doing too. Comments are welcome, e-mails are great, letters are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment