Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ni-hou

China has been wonderful. Aside from the fact that I was unable to log onto my Facebook account or my blog while I was in China proper I greatly enjoyed my stay. The hotel we stayed in was the nicest hotel I have stayed in to date. The room was spacious, the bed soft, and I could watch tv while taking a bath.

Here is a snapshot of my time in Guangzhou
Day 1 - Traveled, arrived, checked into the hotel, had authentic Chinese food for lunch (chicken with peppers), a "foot" massage that turned out to be feet, arms, legs, head, and back massage plus a spinal adjustment, drinks in the lounge while watching college football, authentic Chinese food for dinner (pork, mushrooms, and bamboo) bed.

Day 2 - Buffet breakfast that offered sushi (not that I had any), conference with an instructor that was hard to follow, buffet lunch with lots of Asian choices, conference that turned very boring, trip into the city that ended with dinner at Spaghetti House where I had pizza, drinks again in the lounge while watching MLB baseball.

Day 3 - Buffet breakfast, conference at the host school - still boring, lunch of nothing special, end of the conference, an hour of reading while in a hammock above the pool, room service for dinner.

Day 4 - Leisurely morning, packed up and checked out, buffet lunch, flight through a typhoon to Hong Kong.

As it is time to get ready to go out in Hong Kong I will leave you with that and update in more detail later. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment