Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Once a Crusader always a Crusader....Go Gators?

As an elementary student at Most Holy Redeemer I proudly wore red and white and called myself a Crusader.

As a high school student at Chamerberlain it was was green and gold as a Chief (very p.c.)

As a college student it was great to be a Gator in orange and blue.

Graduate school and my first teaching job we were Gators although different colors.

Today I have started to cheer for the Crusaders once again. As a school we wore our colors today and my classes were filled with black, red and white. It is different yet familiar.

I am recalling the phrase my new principal said at the start of the year during a memorial service for a student that passed over the summer. The phrase is, "Once a Crusader, always a Crusader." Granted this is my first time as an SFS Crusader the sentiment applies.

Sporting events are similar here, except that I am now watching the boys varsity volleyball team. At the start and end of the games the players bow to each other which is new but makes a lot of sense. I hope that living on campus will make it easier to attend the student events.

I may be saying "Go Crusaders!" now, but in my heart I know that:
The University of Florida is in Gainseville,
but the Gator Nation is everywhere.

1 comment: