Friday, June 25, 2010

From SOBO to SOCO

Today I officially left Baltimore. The first stop on my journey is my brother's house in South Carolina. In one week my sister-in-law will give birth to their second little boy and I get to be here for it. Sure I'll have to help out by watching their 2 1/2 year old little boy, but how hard could that be? Yea right! I am sure I will learn more in these next two weeks with my nephew than I did in all of grad school. Already I am learning how to understand two year old speak and the names of all the Cars characters. Good thing my mom will be here soon to help as well.

Saying goodbye to Maryland was easier than I thought. Last night we ( most of the roommates and some friends) had a nice BBQ. This allowed for good food, some laughs, and a lot of talking. This morning I woke up early and packed my car, well I crudely fit most of my stuff in. In the end it was a game of finding small spaces for the remaining items. Throughout the morning my roommates said goodbye as they left for the day. This gave me time to process each goodbye without getting overwhelmed. In the end I was the only one home when I shoved off which made for no sad goodbyes.

As I was filling my car with gas and contemplating my caffene situation one of my roommates pulled up to the pump next to mine. We had a nice laugh about the timing and a little more morning time before we hugged again and went our seprate ways. That was the perfect way to leave Baltimore.

The drive took about 10 hours and was pretty routine, minus only seeing behind me with my two side mirrors and having my bike attached to the rear of my car. I heard the same songs over and over on the radio. Good thing I happen to like those songs right now.

Tomorrow will be gym times with my brother, pool times with my nephew and pedicure times with my sister. Seems like it will be a great day. I'll need to fit in studying times too, but that isn't a priority yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment