Friday, November 26, 2010

The quest for goodness

Today was an amazing day. Here in some chronological order is why.

1. I woke up sans alarm clock and it was sunny outside. I finally feel like I am getting enough sleep, and I just LOVE waking up to the sun shining in my bedroom.
2. I skyped with most of the family. I had some face time with Mom, Dad, Savannah, Chris, Laurie, Patrick, April, Kelan and Aidan. I saw a lot of Kelan, including his smile, and a moment of Aidan.
3. Had a venti Starbucks latte. Yum.
4. Went shopping with some of the girls. We went to Insadong and Namdemun. I purchased some Christmas gifts (Mom, Mary, and Chris), a wedding gift (JP and Nora), and some things for me. For myself I purchased some hanji coasters, gloves, ear muffs, and a table top Christmas tree.
5. I had leftover Thanksgiving food for lunch. Yum (again).
6. I went to Itaewon where I had a massage and an adjustment by my chiropractor.
7. I had an early dinner at Quiznos (you guessed it, yum)
8. I explored part of the city via subway system.

Here is where the actual story begins. Upon returning to my subway stop I got turned around and ended up taking a different exit than I had planned. I knew where I was, I just wasn't where I wanted to be. Well, on my way up to the street level to catch a cab home I spotted several folks with Auntie Anne bags. I had seen them before but hadn't really given them any thought. Tonight it was different. I decided to find the Auntie Anne's and purchase a soft pretzel. Well, I went up and down 10 stories in two buildings before i came to the food court I had been in yesterday. I had looked around yesterday briefly so I knew that Auntie Annes' wasn't there but I figured another look around wouldn't hurt. I noted the Japanese place, the Kraze burger, the Mister Donut, and then with nothing but a line of people in front and two vats of lemonade I found the Auntie Anne's. I ordered an original pretzel, cheese, and lemonade. Good thing they understood my pointing and that I learned the word for cheese in Korean last week (~chees-a). I had my pretzel then found a taxi and came home. Bonus finds during my wandering include a Smoothie King, a Friday's and a Bennigan's.

I hope that tomorrow is just as good as today and that I get some homework done.

3 comments:

  1. Annie Anne's is probably as close to pretzel time as you can get in Korea so this is an exciting find!!! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca:

    We all enjoyed Skyping with you too and we are glad that you are finding some of the "creature comforts" of home. We are all at Uncle P and Aunt April's. Aidan and Savannah are unstoppable and Kelan is fast asleep. All is well on this end. Cheers and can't wait to see you in 1 month.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm pretzels! i am so inspired by your perseverance to find good ole auntie anne's. which reminds me of your aunt anne...ahhh memories! i'll be back in b-more the 31st looking forward to seeing you then!
    peace,
    mary

    p.s.....was that a christmas present for me? if so totally unnecessary!

    ReplyDelete