Sunday, November 28, 2010

Purple sweet potato gnocchi and other domestic tasks

Ah Sunday, a day of rest and relaxation, a day of procrastination, or a day of panic before the start of another week? For me it has been all three.

I tried to start the day off with a trip to Costco. That didn't work so well as all the cars had been checked out already. Instead Myleah and I walked down to the local store only to find it closed. We lingered in a coffee shop until it opened, made our purchases and returned home. When I returned home 5 hours ago I had big plans for my day. I was going to go to the gym, finish organizing the slides in my classroom, finish my lessons for this week, and clean my apartment. In reality I have watched some tv, played some computer games, cleaned up part of my apartment, made several trips to storage, made purple sweet potato gnocchi and vegetable soup stock, cleaned out my fridge, and filed or deleted all of my October e-mails. I feel I was productive, but I didn't really make a dent in my list of to-do's.

I have a little over two hours before making something to go with the gnocchi. Part of it will be spend cleaning off my dining room table. Hopefully the other part will be filled with highly productive powerpoint creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment