Friday, November 12, 2010

Crepes, hot chocolate and muscle atrophy

This morning as I was putting on lotion I realized that my right leg had atrophied. It isn't terrible, but noticeable. One of my friends was able to see a difference, even while I was wearing jeans. Time and use will even things out.

This morning I started life with two functioning feet by swimming laps. I only swam for 20 minutes, but it was great.

The school day was nothing really special. One of my students wasn't feeling well so I made her a card. I cut strips of construction paper (orange and blue) and wove them together. Then I glued that to a piece of white paper and wrote her a get better soon message on the back. I was going to give it to her when I taught her after lunch. Too bad she left school early. I understand she wasn't feeling well, but I had gone through the effort for nothing. The card sits un-given in my bag.

After school and swim practice my building mates and I went for dinner at a crepe place. It was AMAZING! I had a savory crepe with cheese, potatoes and bacon. It was so good, but of course, the company was much better.

After a quick stop at the store for some essentials (apples, cheese, kiwis, and green pens) I took a taxi home. While walking to catch a taxi I passed several coffee shops and was very tempted to buy a hot chocolate. I resisted the urge, and I am so happy I did. I decided to make my own once I got home. I have never made my own hot chocolate. I have always used the instant powders. Today I made the best hot chocolate I have ever had. Not only is it very tasty, but not too much work, and much less expensive than the coffee shop drinks. Not to mention I used low fat milk.

All in all, today was a day I enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment