Sunday, August 7, 2011

Farewell vacation, hello school year

Today is the last day of summer vacation for SFS teachers. My vacation was remarkable. I spent time in Hawaii with friends, New York with family, South Carolina with family, St. John's with friends and finally Florida with more family. I went shopping, diving, and bike riding. I visited Busch Gardens, Carrowinds, a volcano and an aquarium. I had all of my favorite home cooked meals and went to some of my favorite restaurants. I saw most of my family, middle school friends, high school friends, camp friends, college friends, and teacher friends. I made the most of 7 wonderful weeks and now I am looking forward to the start of the school year.

Even knowing that exciting times lay ahead I am reluctant to see my summer vacation come to an end. Today I started to settle into my school year Sunday routine. I went to Church at the Cathedral and stopped for groceries on the way home. I did some laundry, school work, and worked on my latest crocheting project. I also spent time catching up with my friends here and swam .5 miles.

As a school teacher in Korea I have the chance to have 3 New Year events. I have a new calendar year on January 1 like the rest of the world. We celebrate Lunar New Year at the end of January/start of February in Korea. And now the start of the school year. In addition to new academic beginnings I am hoping to start some new personal habits. I hope this is the year of fiscal responsibility, home cooked meals, and time at the gym. So far I have been going strong and I hope I am able to continue the trend as the school year and all of the accompanying demands begin. I am lucky to be supported by wonderful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment